Your pet's favourite foods are a start. There is no limit to your imagination and you can experiment with many things as long as you take care to make sure it is safe for your pet.
Please be careful when using human food to make sure there is nothing harmful. Foods containing Xylitol must be avoided as they are harmful to pets. Xylitol can be a hidden ingredient and can be listed as ‘sweetner’ or ‘sugar’. It’s best to stay away from everything that lists ‘sweetners’ or ‘sugar’ as an ingredient.
You can use the back of a spoon or a spatula to:
- Pour bone broth or kefir into the LickiMat (you can freeze it for extra fun);
- Spread your dog’s favourite wet or raw food on a LickiMat;
- Press minced meat into a LickiMat;
- Press canned fish into a LickiMat (Sardines, Tuna, salmon);
- Spread raw or cooked vegetables on a LickiMat if your dog likes them;
- Spread yogurt on a LickiMat;
- Spread organic peanut butter on a LickiMat (no xylitol);
- Improvise to your heart's content! Have a look at social media for ideas from other LickiMat owners.
Some dog users mix their dog’s medication with treats on a LickiMat.