- Perfect for hydrating and moisturizing the skin
- Great for dogs that have inflamed, dry, irritated skin, or other skin sensitivities
- Promotes wound healing
- Antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties
- 4-Legger uses certified organic, sustainably grown, fair trade certified coconut oil
- Source 1,2,3
Relief & Soothe
Relief for Oily, Itchy and Dry Skin
Helps Repel Pests
Help Repel Fleas & Ticks Naturally
Healthy Skin & Coat
Clean Ingredients for Clean Dogs
usda CERtified TO ORGANIC FOOD STANDARDS
4-Legger is the very first USDA certified organic pet shampoo using safe & non-toxic organic aloe juice, organic oils, and organic essential oils!
Their mission is to make the pet grooming industry a safer and more transparent place so every dog can have a truly healthy bath!
- HOW TO USE
- ABOUT 4-LEGGER
WHAT MAKES 4-LEGGER shampoo special?
The best of the best! USDA Certified organic dog shampoo to Organic Food Standards!
Finally you can be worry-free and give your dog a truly healthy bath!
Many so-called “natural” dog shampoos will still contain harmful preservatives, but 4-Legger is made only with 100% safe and non-toxic natural ingredients. There are absolutely no artificial and absolutely no synthetic chemicals in 4-Legger! Just simple, natural ingredients!
The natural properties of the Organic Cedar, Peppermint & Eucalyptus Conditioning Shampoo work to repel pests and moisturize your dog’s skin, while also providing antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Why is Natural Organic Shampoo important?
Preserve your pet's natural coat oils and give their fur a nice glow & smell. Toxic-free and worry-free!
Protect your pet from harmful side effects that can occur after using traditional pet shampoos.
Our pet’s skin (their largest organ) absorbs the toxins that are commonly found in widely sold non-organic pet shampoos. This can lead to itchy skin, rashes, organ toxicity, hormone disruption and more.
There are no established regulations when it comes to the grooming industry. Ingredients are not tested to determine if they are safe for our pets, or free from contaminants. 4-Legger is certified organic - So you can be worry-free!
Saponified Organic Coconut, Olive, and Jojoba Oils, Vegetable Glycerine, Cedarwood Essential Oil, Organic Guar Gum, Peppermint Essential Oil, Rosemary Essential Oil, Eucalyptus Essential Oil, Rosemary Extract, Organic Aloe Vera
Organic Coconut Oil
Organic Olive Oil
- Nourishes and protects the skin, providing minerals, and natural fatty acids
- Rich in A, D, E, & K with Vitamin E leading the pack which is an antioxidant
- Source 1,4,5,6
ORGANIC JOJOBA OIL
- Helps against fungal infections as it is a natural fungicide
- Amazing healing aid for skin problems and itchy skin
- Known as a great moisturizer
- May help the body to produce collagen and may help speed up wound healing
- Source 1,7,8,9
- Soothes itchy skin and discomfort from insect bites, rashes, hives, and other skin irritations
- Reduces inflammation and improves circulation while softening rough and dry skin
- Attracts moisture to your dogs skin and keeps it moisturized, due to the humectant properties
- Cleanses, calms and helps scars and abrasions heal
- 4 Leggers vegetable glycerine is certified organic and derived from non-GMO corn
- Source 1,10,11
Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Naturally repels pests and ticks
- Natural antibacterial and antifungal
- Helps improve skin conditions
- Supports confidence and promotes grounding
- Source 1,12,13
Organic Guar Gum
- Detangles and conditions your dogs coat and makes this formulation thicker
- Makes the fur feel soft and smooth, easier to brush
- Moisturizes and promotes healthy skin
- Guar gum is a natural extract from the seeds of the guar or cluster bean
- Source 1,14
Peppermint essential oil
- Research shows it helps kill mites, fungi, bacteria and yeast
- Helps to balance oily skin and moisturize dry and itchy skin
- Helps balance sebum production and cool inflamed skin
- Heals the skin while providing protection against bacteria and viruses, increases the blood flow to the skin
- Has been used to repel fleas, mosquitos and other pests for thousands of years
- Source 1,15,16,17
Rosmary essential oil
- Helps treat dry skin
- Makes the coat shiny
- Improves the quality of the skin
- Boosts healing od the skin
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory
- Source 1,18
eucalyptus essential oil
- Soothes bug bites, sores, cuts, and burns
- Naturally helps to repel pests
- Known for its anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and aromatic properties
- Decreases the existence of bacteria, fungus as well as inflammation
- Aids in muscle joint pain as well as dry skin by increasing the flow of blood to the skin
- Source 1,19,20,21
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties
- A natural preservative which also acts as a powerful antioxidant
- Source 1,18
Organic aloe vera
- Historically known for relieving and improving skin, hair and fur conditions.
- Studies show it inhibits the growth of fungus due to it’s anti-fungal properties
- Commonly used to treat burns, wounds, cracked or dry skin
- Promotes hair/fur growth and acts as a great conditioner which leaves hair and fur look and feel shiny and smooth.
- Naturally soothes irritated skin
WHAT'S NOT IN 4-LEGGER?
- No GMO Ingredients
- No Pesticides
- No Parabens
- No Sulfates
- No Detergents
- No Artificial Fragrances, Colours, or Preservatives
- No Petroleum-based Ingredients
- No Ethanolamines
- No Formaldehyde Preservatives (DMDM/DMDH Hydantoin etc.)
- No Animal Products
- No MEA, DEA, PEG
Here is some great advice from our friends at 4 Legger:
Step One: Catch The Dog
Step Two: Give the bottle a nice proper shake to mix up the ingredients
Step Three: From head to tail, wet your 4-Legger up with warm water
Step Four: Apply 4-Legger to the palm of your human hand and apply to your pet
TIPS & TRICKS
You only need a small amount of the shampoo to cover your pet, even if you find the consistency of this shampoo to be thin. Use more water to get more foam.
Using a foaming bottle makes your 4-Legger organic shampoo look and feel like shaving creme and you may find it easier to apply.
Gently massage the 4-Legger Shampoo deep into your pet’s coat and massage thoroughly until the water runs clear.
Use precaution when washing around your pet’s eye. Use a washcloth to wash their face.
Frequently asked questions
Does 4-legger dry out skin and strip the natural oils from my dogs coat?
4-Legger will not dry your dog's skin or strip the natural oils. In fact, it will do quite the opposite!
Due to flawed manufacturing practices and low quality ingredients, mainstream soap has gotten a bad reputation over the years and is said to dry out the skin. Substances such as free alkali, artifical color and fragrance also increases the probability that the soap will be drying.
4-Legger uses superb ingredients and processing to retain 100% of the glycerin in the product and there are no free alkalis and synthetic chemicals in the formulations.
How often should I Shower my dog?
It really depends upon the dog, climate, breed, level of activity, and of course how much they like to roll in camel poop!
A dog with an oily coat may need to be bathed more frequently while dogs with short hair or water-repellent, thick, or double coats can be bathed less frequently. On average once or twice a month will maintain a healthy coat!
Does 4-legger contain sulfates or other potentially toxic ingredients?
No. 4-Legger shampoo does NOT contain ANY of the ingredients commonly found in traditional pet shampoos.
4-Legger promises that their products will never contain ANY of the following ingredients:
Artificial fragrance, artificial colors, sulfates, formaldehyde, Cocomide DEA, MEA, or TEA, Cocamidopropyl betaine, isopropyl alcohol, Isopropyl (SD-40) alcohol, isothiazolinone preservatives (Methylisothiazolinone and Methylchloroisothiazolinone), parabens, mineral oil, polyethylene glycol, PEG-40, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate preservatives, sodium lauerth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate, ammonium lauryl sulfate, or polysorbates!
CAn I use 4-Legger on my cat?
Many people have concerns about using essential oils on cats. Their information is unfortunately 10+ years old. Thanks to the pioneering studies of Dr Melissa Shelton, many veterinarians and households now safely use essential oils with their feline family members. Dr Shelton has many case studies on her website and in her newsletters.
The real concern with using essential oils on cats (and dogs) is the quality of the essential oil. If you use a low grade essential oil on any animal they will likely have a reaction! When we use high quality essential oils on a cat they may have a tremendous benefit. Never use undiluted essential oil on dogs or cats. Essential oils should be mixed with a carrier oil unless it is for treatment by a veterinarian who has expert level cat/essential oil experience (like Dr. Shelton)! Also, there are animals (dogs, cats, humans, etc.) that are sensitive to essential oils and if there is any reaction - use should be discontinued. 4-Legger is very careful in their selection of essential oils and their quality.
Why is the consistency of the shampoo so thin?
The short answer is 4-Legger left out the bad stuff!
Here is the longer answer: The ingredients in traditional dog shampoo that are used to make shampoo thicker are not allowed in organic products.
The thickeners that many of us are used to using are also linked to dry and itchy skin and can pose health risks when used on your dog.
4-Legger does have a formulation with vegetable guar gum to make the certified organic dog shampoo thicker; but, it does reduce lather.
We value lather over consistency!
Does 4-legger shampoo deter fleas?
Yes! With the exception of the Unscented Shampoos, all of the formulations have flea deterrent essential oils to naturally repel pests without poisoning your pet!
How are ingredients sourced?
4-Leggers standards are very high, investing A LOT of time to research and sourceing.
Focusing on quality and sustainability of the ingredients, no slave or child labor is used and the environmental impact is governed by an elaborate set of farming and production standards with a narrow list of allowed inputs and processing aids. It prohibits the use of synthetic fertilizers, toxic pesticides and genetically modified organisms (GMO’s).
Organic agriculture enriches the soil, protects water quality, promotes ecological balance and biodiversity, reduces our exposure to synthetic pesticides, and helps preserve our planet for future generations. Organic is the gold standard for the safest products on the market - period.
4-Legger's goal is to find the highest quality safest ingredient with the lowest impact on our planet.
Selecting essential oils is an art. There are thousands of suppliers and vast differences in quality.
The quality of the essential oils are more important than words can express as these oils go on your dog's skin and can get into their bodies through their skin pores.
While 4-Legger has analyzed the GC/MS for the essential oils they took it a step further by taking veterinary aromatherapy training with Dr. Melissa Shelton, holistic and integrative veterinarian and founder of AnimalEO. Together with Dr Shelton and their combines wealth of knowledge, 4-Legger selects the very best essential oils from around the world while still caring for our planet.
Are 4-Legger products cruelty-free?
Yes, 4-Legger is leaping bunny certified. All ingredients are safe and non-toxic!
The products are first tested on Melissa Boland, the CEO of 4-Legger, to see if she likes the essential oil blends. Once she is happy with the blends they do a lot of dog washing to make sure you and your dogs love the blends just as much!
Where are 4-Legger products manufactured?
The products are manufactured in the United States.
All ingredients are responsibly sourced from around the world. They are very carefully selected for their very high quality (certified organic being one of the deciding factors of course), sustainability, environmental impact, and purity. 4-Legger is planet friendly!
Where possible, ingredients are sourced from within the United States.
why we love 4-legger!
There are many products on the market that call themselves “organic” and “all-natural”, but unfortunately whats in the bottle doesn't always match that claim! 4-Legger products are actually certified to prove that there is nothing but goodness in the bottle!
All ingredients and products are independently reviewed by the National Organics Program, to ensure compliance with the USDA organic standards - The highest standard a product can achieve.
Ingredients are carefully selected for sustainability, and ethical harvesting and growing practices.
All products are made in the USA in small batches to ensure high quality and they are never tested on animals.
4-Legger products are cruelty free and leaping bunny certified.
Melissa Boland, the founder and CEO of 4-Legger, has dedicated her life to changing the pet grooming industry, making it safer for our pets, after she has lost her dog to Cancer.
We met Melissa 2018 in Chicago and have been using her products ever since. Melissa lives what she preaches and we are extremely thankful to have dedicated individuals like her, who work hard to provide the world with incredible and truly safe pet products we can trust.
The Organic Cedar, Peppermint & Eucalyptus Conditioning Dog Shampoo is our 2nd step in the bath rutine.
After first using the Organic Oatmeal Dog Shampoo with Lavender and Aloe, the Organic Cedar, Peppermint & Eucalyptus Conditioning Dog Shampoo is used to smooth the fur and create that softness that you’d normally get by using a conditioner.
We love this one because the Peppermint & Eucalyptus have this cooling effect and help with any itchiness while the Cedar lingers on as nice and clean smell.
Thank you for sharing this Adina! We are so happy that your dog is enjoying our Organic Shampoo! We wish your pets continued health and wellness!