- D.E. can help to prevent infestation of parasites
- Diatomaceous earth can eliminate roundworms, whipworms, pinworms, and hookworms in your dog.
- has been shown to coat the exoskeleton of larva in the intestines so they suffocate and die.
- Some sources report that diatomaceous earth may absorb methyl mercury, E. coli, endotoxins, viruses, organophosphate pesticide residues, and drug resides
- Loaded with minerals like zinc, magnesium, calcium, iron and more
Daily Defense is a safe and gentle daily detox for the liver and kidneys as it contains herbs traditionally known to detoxify the kidneys and liver.
Help your pet in filtering environmental toxins, pesticides, and harmful food additives from the body.
SUpport thyroid health
Daily Defense contains high amounts of iodine, organic vitamins and minerals, and provides the perfect nutrition for healthy thyroid function, which is vital to overall hormonal health. This is especially great for pets that have been spayed or neutered.
Natural Parasite prevention
When used consistently, Daily Defense creates an environment in the GI-tract that is inhospitable for parasites. This is a non-toxic way to provide protection for your pets, all while keeping the immune system working in top form.
Highest quality, organic herbal supplements & remedies for cats, dogs & horses
Glacier Peak Holistics products are made entirely from active and organic ingredients to keep your pets safe.
Free from GMO, preservatives, fillers, synthetics, sugars and other health depriving ingredients.
- WHEN & HOW TO USE
- ABOUT GLACIER PEAK
Why is daily defense so important?
Every day, your pet is exposed to pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals, and toxins found in house hold cleaners, medication, food and more. The list of toxins is long and supporting the detoxification process has become incredibly important for pets and humans.
Due to mass production and the depletion of our soils, many human and animal foods are lacking important nutrients. Super Cleanse is a fantastic way to supercharge your pet’s diet with lots of natural minerals and vitamins.
Chemical flea and tick treatments can come with a long list of side effects and the FDA has put out a warning against commonly used flea & tick pesticides to alarm pet owners. Daily Defense is your chance to help prevent pesticides naturally and without side effects.
WHY IS glacier peak holistics different?
Only 100% organic and active ingredients are used and all products are FREE from fillers, GMO, sugars, preservatives and other things we don’t want our pets exposed to.
To ensure the highest quality and potency, the herbs are gently blended by hand and in small batches. Other brands often use mechanical processes that generate heat, which can damage the herbs.
Over 20 years experience in working with herbs, homeopathics, and nutritionals, GPH has created exceptional products that focus on wellness and prevention and help relieve pain caused by injury, aging or disease.
Daily Defense is made with a proprietary blend of Organic
Diatomaceous earth, Organic Garlic bulb, Organic Moringa Oleifera, Organic Bee Pollen, Organic Dandelion Root, Organic Nettles herb, Organic Dulce, Organic Thorvin Kelp, Organic Barley grass and Organic Alfalfa herb
- Garlic is safe for dogs in small doses
- Can help eliminate worms
- Garlic is high in inulin, amino acids, sulphur, zinc, potassium and phosphorus. It also contains vitamin A, C, calcium, magnesium, manganese, selenium, germanium and B-complex vitamins
- Garlic’s pungent energy warms the body and can improve circulation
- Helps detoxify the body. It supports beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract and eliminates harmful bacteria.
- As a liver enhancer, garlic breaks down wastes before they enter the bloodstream.
- It also helps your pet assimilate nutrients and eliminate wastes through the entire digestive tract
Organic Moringa Oleifera
- Also known as "the miracle tree" is a super food packed with nutrition
- Helps to lower blood pressure
- It is high in essential fatty acids and has more vitamin C than cranberries
- Also a very good source of plant based protein and has been shown to reduce inflammation by 800%!
- Moringa is exceptionally high in antioxidants including vitamins A,C& E
Organic Bee Pollen
- Stimulates appetite, abundant in enzymes and co-enzymes, vitamins and minerals, amino acids and more
- May help lower heart disease risk factors
- Bee pollen has been shown to lower blood cholesterol levels in animal studies
- Used by the ancient Egyptians to increase blood supply, stimulate cell growth, energy, immunity
- Shown to stimulate glandular function and provides the correct sugar to feed muscles.
- Protects and promotes a healthy liver, and assists in the healing process for a compromised liver
- It improves muscle mass
- It boosts metabolism
- Allergy protection – Bee pollen contains Quercetin, a natural antihistamine. When taken regularly, it can help reduce allergy symptoms and allergic reactions
- Improves blood flow to the nervous system helping to relieve stress and anxiety
- It contains trans-cinnamic acid, which is a natural antibiotic
- It’s alkaline – Bee pollen balances the overall pH in the body promoting a healthy urinary tract.
- It contains the plant pigment rutin, which offers cardiovascular support. This helps strengthens blood vessels and capillaries
- May reduce risk of lipids oxidation which helps discourage blood clotting and lowering heart disease risk
- It supports and can improve digestion via anti-microbial properties that rid the GI tract of invading pathogens
Organic Dandelion root
- Detoxifies the liver and helps reduce the side effects of prescription medications
- Supports the liver & gallbladder health
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Stimulates bile production
- Supports heart, bladder, digestive system
- Dandelion is one of the most beneficial herbs when it comes to liver health
Organic Nettle Herb
- Relief for urination problems, including too frequent urination, painful urination, inability to urinate, and irritable bladder
- Supports the immune system, nervous system, bone stability, metabolism and skin health
- Very rich in vitamins and minerals
- Protect cells against oxidative damage due to high antioxidant content
- Helps reduce inflammation in the body
- Helps treat enlarged prostate symptoms
- A sea vegetable which is rich in iron, iodine, potassium and trace minerals and is a very high source of vitamin B12.
- Supports healthy thyroid function
Organic Thorvin© Kelp
- Promotes healthy thyroid function, amazing source of iodine
- Helps remove heavy metals from the body
- Helps improve coat and skin
- USDA Certified Organic and sustainably sourced from the cold North Atlantic Ocean, each batch is tested for radioactive contamination.
- Thorvin© Kelp is one of the oldest and most powerful health food ingredients and natural supplements for pets.
- With more than 60 bioactive compounds, Thorvin© Kelp works by filling in micronutrient deficiencies and balancing minerals. It is the only kelp supplement with a guaranteed selenium claim.
- This problem is not well known, but most of the kelp on the planet is contaminated with radioactivity. Thorvin© Kelp is tested for radioactivity, to keep your pets safe!
Organic Barley Grass
- Packed with nutrition, antioxidant.
- It has shown to be an effective anti- inflammatory. It has been shown to regenerate damaged cells and tissues so it can help maintain healthy skin. Nutrient dense components include Vitamins A, B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B6, vitamin C , vitamin E and vitamin K, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium zinc, iron, calcium, antioxidants, essential amino acids and beneficial enzymes.
- Has been used historically since 5000 BC
Organic Alfalfa Herb
- In Arabic, the name means ‘Father of all Foods”
- Aids in healthy digestion, builds blood, supports urinary and bowel function and soothes nerve function
- It has been shown to detoxify and purify the blood as well as build the immune system and has been used as a food source since ancient times
- Because the roots grow into the earth as far as 68 feet, it is rich in vitamins A,D,K, and all B’s as well as biotin, calcium, folic acid, iron, magnesium, and potassium, and very high in protein
WHAT'S NOT IN Glacier peak holistics?
Free of artificial preservatives or chemical preserving agents.
No sweeteners, sugars, or artificial sweeteners. Nothing to spike blood sugar levels.
Every ingredient in Glacier Peak Holistics is 100% pure and natural. There are no fillers.
The ingredients used are all-natural wholefood ingredients, nothing synthetic.
All of the ingredients are sourced from non-GMO sources. No pesticides or herbicides are used.
WHEN TO USE Daily defense:
Natural parasite prevention
If used for more than 30 days, Daily Defense can act as natural parasite prevention and dewormer. It creates an environment in the GI-tract that is inhospitable for parasites and worms.
Daily Cleansing & Detoxing
Help prevent chronic disease by supporting your pet in the detoxification process. All pets are exposed to toxins in the environment and can benefit from receiving detoxification support, but it’s especially important for seniors and pets with chronic disease.
Pets on commercial pet food diets benefit from the abundance of nutrient dense compounds which are not found in commercial pet food.
Pets on a home cooked or raw food diet can use Daily Defense as their source of iodine, and other important minerals, vitamins, and beneficial phytonutrients.
how Much to use:
size of Dog
3oz will last
12oz will last
Up to 11.8 kg
1/2 tsp per day
1 tsp per day
1 1/2 tsp per day
2 tsp per day
2 1/2 tsp per day
3 tsp per day
As with most daily nutritional supplements, it would be beneficial to use this product for 6 days and rest the 7th day - repeating this cycle each week. This allows the pet's system to rest.
Please keep in mind, if your pet has a sensitive digestive system, please start with 1/2 doses until you make sure (s)he tolerates this formula well.
Administer orally, once per day. 1/2 tsp. per 25 lbs. body weight.
Add to food and moisten with water or broth. Do not feed dry.
In order to preserve freshness, keep closed in a cool, dry place and avoid excessive heat
Keep this and ALL herbal medicines out of the reach of children and pets
Safe use in pregnant animals or animals intended for breeding has not been proven. Not intended for animals under 12 weeks of age. If animal’s condition worsens or does not improve, stop product administration and consult your veterinarian
Frequently asked questions
Where and how are the products made?
Glacier Peak Holistic products are 100% organic herbal remedies, handmade in their facility in the mountains of Northwest Montana in small batches. The herbs are gently blended by hand instead of using mechanical processes that generate heat, which can damage the herbs.
This ensures the highest potency for the herbal remedies, enabling Glaciers Peak Holistics to consistently offer the best for your pet. Keep in mind that because of the organic nature of the products, batch colors and texture may vary to some degree.
Can I use Glacier Peak Holistics products together?
Absolutely! Most of the products were made to work together, or synergistically. There are some that should be used alone for a short time.
How do I give herbal medicine?
The powdered herbal remedies are generally just added to food with a little warm water. The capsules can be hidden in a treat like cheese or something else your dog loves.
I used the remedy but have seen little or no change yet, what am I doing wrong?
Chronic or severe conditions may require more time to see results, though most dogs seem to have major improvement in just a few days. An example of a condition requiring more time for improvement would be one of our customers with a torn ACL in both knees. Because of the severity of the injuries, this dog did not demonstrate significant improvement until half way through the third jar of Inflapotion capsules. This is the most extreme that we've seen.
What is holistic care?
Holistic care considers the animal as a whole. When illness is involved, the broad definition of holistic allows us to integrate both conventional and complementary therapies. When developing a holistic approach, we can consider lifestyle changes in addition to supportive therapies, such as herbal medicine. Another way to remember that holistic care is expansive in nature is to think of it as whole-istic.
How do I know how much to give my pet and what size to order?
The dosages for remedies from Glacier Peak Holistics are based on the weight of the animal, and are found on the product label and on the specific product page on our website.
Please note in some cases, a range of dosage amount might be given for a certain weight. For example, if your dog weighs 20 kg, the dosage might range from 1/2 to 1 teaspoon. Every dog is a little different, and like us, may tolerate things differently.
If you are unsure how much to give or how often to give it, please contact one of our professional representatives at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
Do the products have expiration dates?
Yes, the products are labeled with a Lot Number and an Expiration Date. Generally, the powder and capsule remedies have a 2-year shelf life, and the tinctures have a 3-year shelf life.
Do you have a product that could help prevent illness from stress or exposure to illnesses?
Yes. Glacier Peak Holistics Peak Immune is made for both dogs and horses. This remedy supports robust immune function and is to be used during seasonal changes, or during stressful events, such as showing, traveling, or heavy workouts. Please follow the label instructions for using this remedy, or see full information on the Peak Immune page.
Do you have a natural, non-toxic dewormer for dogs and horses?
Yes. Glacier Peak Holistics Daily Defense is a natural and non-toxic dewormer for horses AND dogs. It is a daily nutritional supplement which is also high in minerals and antioxidant herbs. Daily Defense creates an environment in the GI tract that is inhospitable to parasites. Daily Defense does not remove blood-borne parasites.
I have been using Glacier Peak products for some time now. They seemed to be working very well, but now not so much. Has your product changed?
In traditional herbal medicine, it is said that a remedy used for six days, should have one day of rest before resuming the daily dosage.
In the same way, a product used for six weeks should have one week of rest, and a product used for six months should have one month of rest.
While this "pulsing" of the dosages is not necessarily set in stone, there is research to indicate that the intestine will have better absorption of the remedies when they are pulsed.
We recommend that you give your animal a rest period, and then resume the dosage on a pulsed schedule, such as six days on and one day off.
What product would be best for a dog with hip dysplasia?
Depending on the severity of the case, Inflapotion works great. If your dog has some days that are worse than others, it's recommended you use both Inflapotion and Herbaprin together.
What is the difference between Holistic Medicine and Traditional Veterinary Medicine?
Traditional Medicine, also referred to as Western or Allopathic Medicine, treats the symptoms your pet is experiencing. Generally speaking, traditional medicine, as practiced today, does not treat the underlying constitution of the body, the root cause of your pet’s health concern, nor bring about a "cure."
For example, the most common treatment for injuries and post-surgical pain in animals, is an NSAID type of anti-inflammatory and pain management. This does not address restorative or regenerative support for the body, in the way that a holistic approach would. For example, Glacier Peak Holistics “Inflapotion” contains herbs which aid in the healing of damaged tissue. Damaged tissues can be muscle, tendon, the intestinal lining, skin, or any other tissue which has inflammation, as with injury or from surgery. Also, in the case of an injury or post-surgical pain, the addition of “HerbAprin” will further aid in pain reduction, as well as have a mild sedative effect to help your animal rest and recover. HerbAprin works synergistically with Inflapotion for a holistic approach to healing by addressing the animals need to rest during the healing process.
Western medicine works wonders when the body is "broken." Holistic medicine balances the "whole" body during illness. Sometimes we (and our pets) need both.
My pet is sensitive to corn, but there is corn in some of your tinctures. Can you explain this?
Glacier Peak Holistics use distilled corn alcohol as an emulsion for some of the tinctures. By the time the corn is heated and distilled, it no longer has the same properties as the whole grain.
Does GPH have a natural wound care product?
Yes. Mountain Salve is designed to treat external fungal conditions, hot spots, cuts and abrasions. Please note, this product is for external use only. Glaciers Peak Holistics also makes a Colloidal Silver spray for use as an antiseptic, to be followed by the Mountain Salve. Mountain Salve may also be effective in the prevention of proud flesh in horses.
Do you have a natural and non-toxic product that will treat rain rot on my horse?
Yes. For scratches, cracked heels, rain rot, and other fungal conditions, including girth itch, we recommend Inflapotion. In severe cases, it is recommended to combine Glacier Peak Gold and Inflapotion to be a complete holistic remedy. We also offer Mountain Salve, which provides soothing relief for these conditions.
why we love glacier peak holistics!
Glacier Peak Holitics (GPH) ticks all of our boxes when it comes to safe, effective and natural products for your dog’s, cat’s and horse’s wellness and longevity.
to provide your animals with safe and natural solutions, GPH uses 100% organic ingredients that have been used as herbal remedies throughout history.
With over 20 years experience working with herbs, homeopathics, and nutritionals, GPH has created exceptional products that focus on wellness and prevention and help relieve pain caused by injury, aging or disease.
All products are handcrafted and manufactured in small batches in the beautiful mountains of Northwest Montana.
We are incredibly happy to have personally met some of the humans behind GPH on our travels to the USA and are proud to work with ethical, small businesses to provide safe options to the pets of the UAE.
Debe Gwynn (Founder of GPH) is a certified herbalist and herbal remedy formulator. She has been designing herbal remedies for animals since 1996. Debe is also a Pet Food Nutrition Specialist.
She shares her home with her adopted pound puppies, Ellia and Krieger, and a little black kitty named Puma, and her Arabians, Sabah and Gracie.
Her angel dogs, Isabella and Koda, and beloved horse Sameh, were the inspiration behind the GPH product range.
My dog has MCT and we have been spending a Colossal amount on her treatments, ever since I started her on this holistic journey I have seen a massive difference in her energy
We are so happy to hear you’ve noticed improved health and wellness! Thank you so much for sharing Damen.